Sunday, October 3, 2010

Golden Birthday

When I was five, I came across my mom preparing a care package for my oldest sister Barbara who was in Ecuador on her mission.  She was packing it with all these different kinds of candy.  To a five year old...candy is the world.  I asked her if I could have some candy and she said no telling me that it was for Barbara's golden birthday.  'What does that mean?" I asked.  Mom told me it is when you turn the age of the day you were born.  I asked her when my golden birthday was and she asked me when my birthday is.  September 29th I said.  Mom told me that my 29th birthday will be my golden birthday.  WHAT!?!?!  I remember two distinct thoughts running through my head.  First, I was going to be SOOOOOOO old when I was 29.  Second, 29 was SOOOOO far away.  Well...this year was my golden birthday (and yes I got a big bag of candy).  I decided to celebrate in style by going to Disneyland with my family.  It was just as fun and magical as I had hoped and this birthday will count as one of my favorite birthdays of my life.  Next year is my big 3-0.  What should I do to celebrate that right of passage?






No comments:

Post a Comment