Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Well, not really, but it could have been. I've been dreading this day for the last six months. I was supposed to get married today. August 1, 2009. My friend Josh Budinger made a prediction back at my farewell sushi dinner (March 2008) that I would get married in August of 2009. He was almost right. I would have given him $50 just for that!

When it came down to it though, I wasn't sad today. I slept in then went to the temple. I even tried to do proxy sealings today, but there were SO MANY real marriages today, they couldn't spare a sealer. I'm not meant to get married today...one way or the other! So instead I meditated for a couple of hours in the temple. There was no sadness, no heartache...only peace. The visit was topped off by seeing my old dear friend Kathryn as the Temple President's Secretary. I might have an opportunity to be a temple worker in the near future...and that makes me happier than I can explain.

The chorus of a Relient K song has run through mind a lot this week. I'll forgive their Christian Rock roots because of songs like this!

and you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember
the end will justify the pain it took to get us there


On this potentially devastating day, I have no regrets.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing well. It sucks having your heart broken. But it's great getting to the other side of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you were both sad on that day. I wish it could have worked out. I know you will find the right person. Hey, that guy in the next post is sure cute!

    ReplyDelete