Tonight I got to support a talented friend of mine at his first gig. I ventured to a shady area of town (Redwood Road) to The Outer Rim. Interesting venue. Interesting people that frequent there. I loved it. Unfortunately I had to go solo because my hot date had to work late tonight (Kathy would have loved it too). Taylor sang 5 original songs and a cover. I knew Taylor was a singer, but man, the boy ROCKED IT. Granted, I am biased because he is my friend, he has the type of voice that I enjoy most and he sings the style of songs I just love on his acoustic guitar...but really...he ROCKED IT!!! I'm quite picky when it comes to good singing and he totally impressed me...and that is hard to do. I'm so proud! Excellent job Taylor!
I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Work In Progress
Tonight I got to support a talented friend of mine at his first gig. I ventured to a shady area of town (Redwood Road) to The Outer Rim. Interesting venue. Interesting people that frequent there. I loved it. Unfortunately I had to go solo because my hot date had to work late tonight (Kathy would have loved it too). Taylor sang 5 original songs and a cover. I knew Taylor was a singer, but man, the boy ROCKED IT. Granted, I am biased because he is my friend, he has the type of voice that I enjoy most and he sings the style of songs I just love on his acoustic guitar...but really...he ROCKED IT!!! I'm quite picky when it comes to good singing and he totally impressed me...and that is hard to do. I'm so proud! Excellent job Taylor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment