I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Chivalry Isn't Dead
I attended an event for my favorite morning radio show yesterday. It's funny that radio personalities never look like what you think they do. I chatted with one of the coordinators for a bit then listened for awhile. Finally the time came when I had to head off to work so I waved goodbye to the coordinator. He offered to walk me out to my car. A simple gesture, but a genuinely chivalrous one as well. He wasn't hitting on me or had a hidden agenda, he was just being nice. My guy friends from Denver would ALWAYS walk me out to my car after our activities and I loved it. It is such a simple gesture but it speaks volumes about a person's character and rearing. It was nice. I wish it would happen more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If we lived near you I'm sure Dan would STILL walk you out to your car. It's just a nice thing to do! Hope you find more chivalry!
ReplyDelete