Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There Is A Cave Above Whoville That Has An Opening


I love Christmas.  It is seriously one of my favorite times of the year, especially this year due to performing in Savior of the World.  One thing remains though...I hate hate hate Christmas shopping.  I understand the overall happy idea of giving gifts to those you love in remembrance of the gifts that were given to the Christ-child, but it brings out a really frustrated unhappy side in me.

My problem is that I'm obligated to come up with a present by a certain deadline in order to show how much I care.  I'm the type of person that likes to buy a gift for my friends when I come across one.  When they have a need or when I see something that I think they would love or when it reminds me of an inside joke.  And I give it to them whenever.  No deadline.  No panicking.  No forced presents or half hearted giving.  Of all the wonderful things that Christmastime brings, I don't love the frustration Christmas shopping evokes in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment