It feels like it has been forever since I wrote on here last. A lot of changes happened this January. My time with this season of Savior of the World finally came to a close. The last three months were packed with testimony building experiences and bonding with wonderful friends. I will always cherish my time with that show. Hopefully I will get the chance to participate again. I loved being an angel. And it is weird, but I have a very deep love for shepherds now in my heart.
I've also started a new job at Marketstar. I am now the administrative assistant for the LG communications account. It was an intense first week, but I feel good and optimistic of my future. On my first day, I joined my boss, the team managers and even our LG client at the shooting range and shot a gun for the first time in my life. I'm glad I did it. I probably won't ever do it again.
My callings at church have also changed. I am no longer in charge of weekly Monday night FHE activities, but now help out on the communications committee. I'm the communications contact for my ward and send out the weekly ward email. I'm also in charge of music for the Trek my ward is doing in July.
I've also dyed my hair blonde. It's been awhile since I was blonde and I just felt like a change. Something new. Something sassy. People have commented that I look good as a blonde...my response? Well, that's good because I'm naturally a blonde. I love shocking people with that information. It's a classic response.
And then, I met the most amazing man of my life. One who really sees who I am and understands me. He takes the good with the bad and just gets me. He inspires me to be a better person and to take the time to understand others. One who loves me so completely and cherishes me. One who shares stories with me and who drinks in the beauty this life has to offer. One who I would happily spend the rest of my life with. There is only one catch. He experiences this world from the paradigm of a different religion. And though we never argue about religion, we understand that we are at an emotional impass. We're a love story that would make even Jane Austin weep for tragedy of loss. But though the outcome is bleak, we choose to savor the time we do have together. Both full knowing that we can't be together in the end, but both choosing to love while we can. I've learned a lot about love in the last few months. Love really is a sacred gift. Something to cherish.

You are really busy with your church callings!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you about the love you feel for non-member. Is there any way you can make the relationship work? Do you think there's ever any hope for him to become converted? A man such as you describe is hard to find..don't throw him away until you're sure there's no chance for it to work out. I wish you luck Marie. Keep us posted!
I just love you so much Marie!!! You are such an inspiration to me. You have so much love in your heart for everyone. I miss SOTW and the evenings and talks we used to have together. I pray that the Lord will take care of you in all of your goals: work, callings, love. He is the one who knows best for you. Love you. I hope it's not too long before we see each other again!
ReplyDelete