I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Westin Was Right!!!
It is one of the 5 Human Truths according to The Westin. Everyone wants to be understood. I know that feeling understood has always been a big deal in my life, but I have never felt it stronger than I do now. There is a situation in my life that is causing emence amounts of joy and pain. I see the situation. I understand it. I know what the final outcome is. It's not like I'm blind!!! All I want is for someone to feel and understand the pain that I'm going through. Instead friends that I tell about this situation either superficially listen to the tale and act like they care or they listen for 2 seconds and after hearing something they don't approve of, preach to me and shove advice down my thoat. I don't need advice. I know this situation cannot be fixed. There is no happy ending. I GET IT!!!!! I just want someone to put their hand on my arm...or my knee and cry with me. Mourn with me. Stop being so judgemental and just listen to the tale. The fact that no one is capable of understanding is almost more painful than the situation itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry! It's incredibly frustrating, I'm sure.
ReplyDelete??
ReplyDelete