I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Tender Mercy
My house was robbed on December 8th and I lost many things including my laptop. It had all of my music files and pictures from the last 3 years. I have all my music on my iPod that was with me the day of the robbery, so I still have that. Luckily I made a backup of all my photos in April, but that still meant I was missing all my pictures (and I take a lot of pictures) since I've moved to Utah. Thank goodness for facebook. I have most of my photos still, but there was one event that I didn't post of facebook that I lost all the pictures for...my family reunion in Yellowstone in July. I admit that I was saddened by this news. Other family members took pictures, so I felt I would be ok. I had some really funny pictures though...blackmail pictures actually of my nephews that I couldn't wait to show to their girlfriends in 10 years. I was sad I lost those. I had resigned to my fate, when I was on my work computer and discovered a hidden picture file...of all of my Yellowstone pictures. Tears of gratitude immediately started flowing and I recognized a tender mercy on this Sabbath evening. I'm not sure my nephews will share my gratitude though. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First comment on your blog ever!! This is a good story. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteMarvelous Marie! That's awful. I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. :(
ReplyDeleteYou enabled comments! Yea! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad all was not lost.:)
Tee hee, I found your blog!
ReplyDelete