Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anything Nae Scottish is Crrrrrap!









Kathy, Paul, Matty and I went to the Scottish Festival in Payson Utah on July 12th. I love going to cultural festivals...especially with these folks. I love the crafts, the music, the games, but I mostly love the people watching. We spent a good time watching the Highland Games. Manly men in skirts, I mean kilts, stabbing a 16 pound bean bag with a pitch fork and flinging it over a pole 28 feet above them. We also watched the caber toss where they pick up a 100 pound 18 feet tall log, run awhile and then launch it end over end. I agree with the conclusion that all Scottish food or sports were created due to a dare a long time ago. We also watching the bagpipe bands compete. I also got a henna tattoo while there. I've always wanted one and this one only costed $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment