Monday, August 3, 2009

Vampires!


We had a blood drive today at work. I know it is weird, but I love giving blood. I feel it is one little way I can easily do service...maybe even save someone's life. Plus I have great veins...and rare blood. I knew I probably had to wait a little while after my surgery. I had to wait 6 months after my appendectomy. But I learned today that I have to wait 10 years to donate after having cancer. TEN YEARS!!! Ten years is a long time. I've only been donating for ten years. In ten years...I'll be almost 40. I know it seems weird, but I am MAJORLY bummed about this. And now I have another reason to hate cancer!

1 comment:

  1. I was on the other end of that needle once upon a time! (Meaning, I was the vampire!) I loved it and miss it a lot. Someday maybe I'll get back into that. Who knows. :) 10 years is a major bummer! That would drive me nuts, too. My life was safed by all that donated blood once, too, so I make sure to do my part. Good for you! I know you can't donate for a while, but I'm sure they'd like volunteers in other ways. You never know, right? :)

    ReplyDelete