I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Lighthouses
I love it how you can casually mention that you are fond of a particular item, symbol, animal, or color and for the next 50 years of your life that is all people give you as presents. I like lighthouses. It's true. I don't deny it. But, I am not obsessed with them. I usually have a lighthouse calendar. Maybe a motivational picture on the wall. Perhaps a little lighthouse figurine on my bookshelf. That is the extent of my love for lighthouses. But in my family I am defined by lighthouses. Don't know what to get Marie...get her a lighthouse something. I like lighthouses. I think they are beautiful and wonderfully symbolic. I refuse to be the women with lighthouse curtains, towels, cookie jars, aprons and that ugly lighthouse jacket that makes me want to cry. I appreciate the kind gesture and the fact that they are thinking of me, but I can only take so many lighthouses. Anyone want a cookie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, oh. Now everyone will define you with cookies!
ReplyDelete(bees for me, I understand)