Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And In The End...We Still Raced!



After completely missing the Race For The Cure 5K on May 9th, I was able to walk the Ogden 5K on May 16th. It's true, I would have loved to have run it, but I'm grateful I was at least able to participate. My co-worker Catina and I signed up for the 5K back in February. We were excited and ambitious. Little did we know that our lives would shortly fall apart. I wasn't sure we were going to make it. We both had trials that made us want to give up on life...but in the end, we still raced. In the midst of the frigid canyon winds at 7am on Saturday, Catina and I shared an embrace and multiple tears in contemplation of our difficult journey. We've beaten the odds. We've survived. We will continue on! Catina's husband and son joined us for the race. All three of the Hadleys wore a shirt in honor of their lost angel Abbey.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both very heroic! I'm glad you got to walk the course. Next year you'll be running.

    ReplyDelete