Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Longer A Rockstar


My company has an annual Battle of the Rockbands competition during the summer. You get in teams of four, dress up like rockstars and play a song from Rockband in front of the whole company and anyone else in downtown Ogden. I was the vocals for my band Whiteboard Confessional last year. We sang the All American Rejects' song Move Along. It was very intimidating, but an amazing experience. Sign ups were the last couple of days, and I'm not doing it this year...for many reasons. Mostly, I don't have a band and feel detached from everyone in the company. Also, I don't have a song. There are only a few songs that could entice me to come out of Rockband retirement...Muse and Paramore. Neither have many songs as options. My heart is sad though. I would do it again...with the right song...and the right band members (not the drama of last year). Alas...I'll always be a rockstar at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment