Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reunionize


Reunionize might not technically be a word...but we made it a word this weekend.  BYU-Idaho had an alumni choir reunion this weekend.  That might sound lame to normal people, but to one whose life was not only enriched, but changed forever from the experiences I had from my time in choir...it was a little slice of heaven.  I got to rub shoulders again with people that I loved and respected so much.  It was amazing to sing in the Barrus Concert Hall again next to life-long friends.


Weekend Highlights: road trip with girl friends, Craigo's pizza bombs, flirting shamelessly with old guy friends, my college stalker being married, the feel of the lights on the stage of the Barrus, Let Zion In Her Beauty Rise arrangement, feeling confident, bleu cheese steak, giving dozens of tight "I've missed your face" hugs, and seeing the new temple from campus.




This weekend breathed life back into my soul.  I think I've finally kicked the funk!  I finally feel like I'm back to the old Marie (sassy, flirty, confident).  Watch out world...Stella's got her groove back!

1 comment: