Saturday, May 9, 2009

Surgery



The surgery on my shoulder went well on Thursday. The tests show that the cancer hasn't spread!!! He still wanted to take out all the surrounding tissue just to make sure all the bad cells were out. I was awake during the surgery...not something that I probably want to do again. Although, it was fun cracking jokes with the doctor and seeing how many Celine Dion songs played on the easy listening station in the background. It's been a rough recovery though. My pain meds make me nauseous. I've hardly eaten anything. I've had my stuffed animal (named Pip) propping my arm up for the last few days. Good pig! I still consider myself very lucky though. As far as cancer goes, I got the golden ticket. I almost feel guilty that my treatment is so easy and there are so many others that have to suffer. I hardly consider myself a cancer survivor. It doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem fair. I've had it too easy.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that things have gone so well! I can't imagine the stress you have been under! Sadly, my Dad's leukemia has returned and he has returned to the hospital. Things are looking a lot better for him this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the surgery went well and the cancer hasn't spread. So glad! Now just take the time to recover. I hope the future is easier on you than the past few months have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost sound disappointed! This is super news and I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! I'm so happy that it hasn't spread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooooooooooo glad for you, and glad that you're OK. No w you REALLY have a cool scar, AND quite the story to go with it! Can't wait to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad for the update...been praying every day, checking every day. Thankful things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete