Thursday, February 12, 2009

Surprisingly Hard to Let Go

It's Thursday. I think Thursdays are going to be the main day I update my blog because I have to cover the front desk of my company for 5 hours with nothing else to do.

I started as an intern at MarketStar in May of 2004. I supported the Sony Retail Brand Advocate Team. Upon fulfilling my internship, I returned to college for my last semester, but I continued to do the weekly Marketing Summary reports compiled by the reps. I've done them for almost five years now. I decided a couple of weeks ago, it would be best to have the Market Analyst take care of the reports from here on. I trained her (not like my job was difficult at all) and this week was her first week doing the reports.

I must admit, I was a little sad when I saw the reports come across my email today. She did them well. I gave up my baby. I have no more security blanket. I'm no longer part of my Sony team. It is hard to let go.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, i loved loved loved Ireland too! We went Oct. 2007 and drove all over the country side. Stayed in Belfast at the Europa. Craig was there for work, so we didn't see as much as we wanted. So when the economy gets better, we're hoping to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that the apartments that our students used in Antwerp will be unleased, if you will, by JMU, it won't be the same. We are supposed to visit there for a week in July. I really miss it. It will be hard to let go of the apartments and the lives we had there.

    ReplyDelete