Valentine's Day was cool as a kid. You had a class party, decorated bags with hearts, gave out valentines, ate candy and just overdosed on sugar. It was AWESOME. Oh, when the most stressful part of life was deciding which valentine to give to which class member. Those were the days!
Valentine's Day started becoming un-cool in high school when people actually started pairing off and others were left alone. Thus the introduction of Single's Awareness Day (stupid idea). I think we still should have done bag decorating and valentines through high school.
After that comes varying degrees of bitterness. But today is Valentines Day and it is snowing. There are a lot of emotions inside of me today. But today is a good day. My roommate is going through the temple for the first time today. She is about to receive increased knowledge, blessings and peace. She will make higher covenants with an all-knowing and loving God that wants to enable her to reach her dreams. That is perfect event on a day that celebrates love. I think there is no place I'd rather be than in the temple today. Maybe I'll make it a tradition.
Happy Valentine's Day.
ReplyDelete