Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life Can Change In An Instant

I've experienced a couple times in the last month that everything can change in an instant. We never know what the day is going to bring. As I was running tonight at the gym, I remembered that last Wednesday night I worked out with my friend Catina who I am running a 5K with in May. Last Wednesday night Catina's biggest concern in life was that she wasn't able to keep up with my pace on the treadmill. This Wednesday night she was at the viewing of her oldest daughter. Do you realize how silly it is to cry when you are running on the treadmill? My heart still just aches for her. Tomorrow is the funeral. The first time I saw Abbey was last Thursday. I didn't know a week later I'd be at her funeral. Life is short. You never know what tomorrow brings. I was engaged one day and had it ripped from me the next day. It's been a really hard month. Last year at this time I was also going through a very difficult time because of a series of unexpected turns. You just never know what will happen tomorrow. Cherish today and never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still hoping that your engagement gets reinstated...or whatever you'd call it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I just wish it would happen for you. We want you to be part of the family...extended family, I guess. Good luck, Marie. You are special.

    ReplyDelete