Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Luck of the Irish



It's only been in the last couple of years that I've really appreciated St. Patrick's Day. Kathy, my Vegas roommate and one of my BFFs is OBSESSED with Ireland. She dreamed of marrying an Irish boy so she could have Irish children. She's marrying a Filipino boy instead. She was the one that really helped me catch the spirit of the day. Last year she made a seven layer rainbow cake (she is a pastry chef). We threw a huge party and spoke with Irish accents for over six hours.




This year was slightly different. I went to the Irish festival on Saturday. I bought jewelry, ate Irish sausages and watched over 2 hours of Irish dancers. It was a blast. The party at Kathy's house Saturday night...was small. There were only six of us, and a 20-minute cameo from my dear guy-friend from college days past. Highlights of the party include: Paul (Kathy's fiance) putting green food coloring into his eyes like eye drops, Tyler wearing a green argyle sweater, the yummy lime sherbet/ginger ale punch, and watching Far & Away and mimicking the accent for hours.




As for today...the real St. Patrick's Day? It's been quite. There were only three of us from our department here today on the floor (our 2nd floor managers don't really count because we never see them). My favorite part of today is that Greg (one of my favorite managers) took a potential client skiing today. Well, Mr. Potential Client crashed and tore his ACL. It's so sad...but kinda funny at the same time. He didn't have a lucky St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love that I can celebrate my Irish heritage... I do enjoy corn beef an cabbage, though I haven't had it since I went to college!

    ReplyDelete