I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wedding Rings - Official Rant
I'm trying to keep my ranting to a minimum, but I must address this item. Married guys in Utah don't wear their wedding rings. All the guys on my floor and 95% of the men I work with are married but only 40% wear their wedding rings. I don't think they are purposefully trying to be deceptive, I just think they are lazy or forgetful. I would hope that my future husband would make an effort to wear the ring that is a symbol or our union. I guess I shouldn't marry a Utah boy then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey! I found your blog on your facebook. I hope you don't mind!
ReplyDeleteDan wears his ring just about all the time. The only time he DOESN'T is if he's doing something for work and they require him to take it off...occasionally he'll forget to put it back on...other than that, it's always on. I don't get not wearing your ring?
Michael wears his ring--on his THUMB!!
ReplyDeleteIt fit properly when we bought it, but his finger shrunk and he was already attached to it, so he started wearing it on his right ring finger.
Then he lost it in a pile of laundry but thought he lost it at school, so now he wears it on his thumb.
(The fact that it annoyed his mom didn't deter him from continuing to wear it on his thumb, either.) :)
My Utah boy wears his ring all the time....and has for 34 years!
ReplyDelete