I grew up in Denver, graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho, spent 3 great years in Las Vegas, and now live in Salt Lake. I work for a marketing company in Ogden. I'm the youngest of six children and an aunt to 27 1/2 kids. I've lived in 9 states and visited 36. I make wishes at 11:11 and love the magic of falling snow. I'm pretty serious, but love being goofy on the side. Just when you think you've figured me out, I'll surprise you...guaranteed!
Monday, March 2, 2009
A Precious Child
The sun didn't shine today. It was overcast and chilly in Ogden. I would have liked it to rain. It seems on days like this that the heavens should weep as well. The life of a child was lost this morning. A future forever gone. My dear co-worker who I love so dearly unexpectedly lost her 13-year old daughter this morning. I actually just met this beautiful young woman last Thursday. I can't imagine the pain and anguish my dear friend Catina is going through. My heart honestly broke for her today. What can I do? No words can console. No flowers can brighten. No hugs are tight enough. It was a very solemn day at work. There was no laughter in Business Development today. My heart just aches. I have no more tears left in me. I wish I could take away her pain. I wish I could make it all better for her. I wish there was something more I could do. I feel so helpless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My mom said the best thing anyone ever said to her after her sons died was, "I loved that little boy."
ReplyDeleteOh, sweetheart! No wonder I was thinking about you yesterday! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am SO sorry!
ReplyDelete