Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Truth

I've been writing a lot in my journal these days. I have lots of reason to do so. After a heart-wrenching ending of an engagement to someone I loved so much and was so excited to spend eternity with, I've been diagnosed with cancer. And now I got laid off my job. Luckily, they understand my critical need for insurance right now, so they have given me the consolation job of being the receptionist. So now I'm driving an hour for a different job, lost the love of my life (and who would want to date someone with cancer?), and might get to be be injected with poison and/or radioactive rods. Awesome. At least the trees are flowering outside for spring. I should have been born a cat.

10 comments:

  1. Marie! I'm so sorry! What a crap year! But I'm sure that you'll be alright. You're a strong woman, you are, and I know that you'll kick cancer's TRASH. I'm happy your job is helping you keep your insurance.
    Just remember how truly awesome you are! I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Marie! I am so sorry! We really need to get together and talk. You need some peeps right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, my heart is breaking to hear what you have gone through the last year. After seeing first hand what my Dad went through with cancer these last 12 months, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Let me know if there is ANYTHING you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Marie, it sounds as though your "prairie burn" could consume an entire continent! I love you and you are in my prayers! I watched a documentary last week that talked about amazing results with very high doses of Vitamin C intravenously instead of chemo. I'll do some more research and urge you to do the same. The documentary was called "Food Matters" and has a website: www.foodmatters.tv
    Most importantly Marie, know that you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are loved that is for sure! I hope that whatever you decide to do it makes that icky cancer go away fast! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this really sucky time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about this Marie. My prayers are with you as you fight this disease. Please keep everybody posted. Maybe the job thing is good..maybe being a receptionist is easier and you can use more of your strength to zap the cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marie, it just breaks my heart to hear all that you are going through! Know that you are in my prayers and that I love you! Although I'm states away let me know if there is anything I can possibly do for you. Hang in there, if anyone can beat it you definately can!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie my dear friend,

    My heart just broke when I heard your terrible news. I don't quite understand why these things happen, you have been through so much. You are an amazing person, a strong person, I am here for you. You need anything you know you can call me. My prayers as well as Holly's are with you. Maybe we will come out to see you anyway, we don't need to come for any special occasion. Call me if you need someone to vent too. Love ya,

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie! That's crazy! Well, we know you can pull through it!. You're an amazingly strong person, and we all love you!!! Keep us updated and please feel free to ask for anything that you might need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie, I am Danielle's mom, here in NH, and I am praying for you...keep us updated, counsel with the Lord, He will send you exactly what you need when you need it.

    ReplyDelete